Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dip Dying



Hey guys! So, i'm sure most of y'all have seen people with "dip dyed" hair. Well, i think its so cute and perfect for summer! I love how bright the colors are and its so pretty and different! As I'm typing this I'm actually in the process of dip dying my hair, so I thought why not do a tutorial!
I'm using Splat hair dye, I got it at walgreens and the kits are about $10 each.
1. The first thing I did, was braid my hair in to braids.  Let the hair tie be the spot you want your dye to stop.  Remember: you can always add more color but you can't take it out!
2. If you have darker hair or want more vibrant color, bleach the ends of your hair.  In the Splat kit it comes with directions on how to bleach your hair. It also comes with the bleach, a bottle to keep the color in and a nozzle on top so you can put the color into your hair without getting your fingers too messy.
3.After you put the bleach in your hair, wrap it in tin foil and follow the time for how long to keep it in depending on your hair color, I left mine in for 35 minutes, but my hair is already a light brownish blonde.
4. Take the tin foil out and make sure your hair is dry! If you need to, blow dry it until it is completely dry. It takes about 10 minutes using the blow dryer for it to completely dry.
5. Once your hair is dry,take the color you want (or colors) and start to apply them to your ends.  If you don't mind getting a little dirty, you can use your hands, or you can use gloves, or you can use a brush. I just used a small acrylic paint brush, you can get them anywhere. I got mine at either Michaels or Walmart.
6.Once you've covered your ends, wrap them in tin foil and leave it in for around 20 minutes.
7. Once the 20 minutes is up, take out the tin foil and blow dry until the ends are completely dry.
8.Enjoy your new hair!


Demi Lovato looks so happy and gorgeous with her bold pink tips.


Miley looks absolutely gorgeous with her ombre hair and stunning makeup


Nicki Minaj: a little out there, but when is she not! Her bold approach to this trend is very bright and colorful and screams Nicki.


The "Upcoming Star" or so I've heard, Cher Loyd rocks her ombre dip dyed hair. It looks so great with the three colors, going from a bold pink to a dark brown.

What do you think of this trend? Is it good for the summer or would you rather pass? Leave a comment below and let me know!


Love you beauties!
Kenzie xx




3 comments:

  1. I love Demi Lovato's hair. She always looks amazing :) I think pink looks good on her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try this! Makes me nervous though...what if I messed it up?? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry!if you follow my directions it should turn out fine! and follow the timing directions on the box of the dye

    ReplyDelete